Planning to buy the best microscope in India, so that you could explore the microscopic world?
Top Ranke’s guide on the best microscope can help you choose the right one. Go through the features listed, so that your online purchase is fulfilled to the best. We have only featured the top best brands of microscope here, which has excellent reviews and awesome microscopes.
You could be a school, college, university student, or a researcher, this list of the best microscope has featured the top microscopes available in India in 2022. Do go through the buying guide for more details of you have any doubts about how to choose one.
So let’s start with the top picks, then the best 5 microscope in India, review of the microscopes and finally the buying guide.
Celestron CB2000C Compound Binocular Microscope
Professional-grade compound microscope
- Microscope with 2000x Power
- 10X and 20X eyepieces (10X comes with pointer)
- 4 Fully Achromatic Objective Lenses – 4x, 10x, 40x, 100x
- 8 Magnification Settings – 40x, 80x 100x, 200x, 400x, 800x, 1000x and 2000x
- All-metal construction
- Coaxial focus with coarse and fine focusing knobs
- Built-in, adjustable halogen lower illumination with Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm
- 10 Prepared Slides Included (no blank slides given)
ESAW MM-02 Microscope
Compound Microscope for Students
- Best Selling Brand on Amazon
- Best Student Microscope kit for India till the range of CBSE Class 12th Students
- Medical Microscope with LED & Mirror Unit as Light Sources
- 50 Prepared Slides
- 6 Magnification Setting – 100X, 150X, 450X, 675X, 1000X and 1500X
- 10X and 15 X Wide-Field Eyepieces
- 50 Blank Slides for students to prepare their own specimen
- Coarse and Fine Motion Knobs are present on both sides for ease of use.
- 1 Year Warranty
OMAX 40X-2000X Lab LED Binocular Compound Microscope
Fully featured compound microscope. Magnification of 2000X
- International Best Seller
- 8 Magnification Setting – 40X-80X-100X-200X-400X-800X-1000X-2000X
- Eyepieces: wide field WF10X and WF20X
- Objectives: achromatic DIN 4X, 10X, 40X(S), 100X(S, Oil)
- Viewing head: 45 degrees inclined 360 degrees swivelling binocular
- Nosepiece: revolving quadruple
- Stage: double layer X-Y mechanical stage with scales
- Condenser: NA1.25 Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm
- Illumination: transmitted (lower) LED light, intensity adjustable
- Focus: Coaxial coarse & fine knobs on both sides
- 100-piece blank glass slides with 100-piece cover slips and 50-sheet lens cleaning paper included
- 5-year warranty
AmScope 20x 40x 80x Home School Student Dissecting Binocular Microscope
Stereo Microscope with Dual Light Illumination System
- 3 Levels of stereo magnification from 20X to 80X
- Halogen illumination system on top and bottom
- Halogen illumination provides incident or transmitted light for a wide variety of opaque and translucent objects
- Sharp and accurate images
- The pillar stand provides more flexibility to position the microscope head, including adjusting the height.
Celestron – TetraView LCD Digital Microscope
Biological Microscope with 5MP Digital Camera
- Built-In 5MP Digital Camera
- 4.3” Rotational touch TFT LCD with 4x digital zoom
- Screen Resolution – 480 x 272 pixels
- Magnification from 40x to 1600x
- Focuser – Course and fine focus controls
- Illumination – Lower built-in adjustable LEDs
- 2GB micro SD card, providing enough storage to capture over 1200 high-resolution images for lab reports, papers, lessons, and more. Supports up to 32 GB
- Video Frame Rate – 20 FPS
- 7 prepared slides
- AV out cable for viewing on a TV or projector
- 4-plug international AC adapter
- 2 Year Warranty
Inverted Tissue Culture Microscope
- Seidentopf binocular viewing head
- 45° inclined
- Dioptre correction ±5
- High eyepoint 10x / 20x
- Main Body: Aluminium Alloy Body
- Interpupillary distance 55 ~ 75mm
Gemkolabwell G-S-701-00 Diecast Single Lens Compound Baby Microscope
Microscope for Kids
- Best Microscope for Kids
- Compound Microscope
- 50 Prepared Slides
- Magnification Setting – 1000X
- 10X Wide-Field Eyepiece
- 01 Blank Slide
Radical Highly Precise Toolmakers Angle & Linear Industrial Measuring Microscope
Digital Micrometer 1um LED Light
- 2X Objective
- CROSS 15x Eyepiece
- 70mm Working Distance
- 30X Magnification
- Incident LED Illumination
- Head: goniometric Head with 360-degree Division & 6 Min LC
- Stage: Rotary Stage 115mm Diameter, 150x150mm with 50x50mm Movement on Linear Bearings
- Micrometres: Digital 0-25mm
Review of the Best Microscopes in India
1. Review of the Best Compound Microscope in India – Celestron CB2000C Compound Binocular Microscope
The Celestron Labs CB2000C Binocular Compound Microscope offers you almost all new generation features that you are looking for in a microscope.
It comes with 10x and 20x eyepieces and 4 included objective lenses (4x, 10x, 40x and 100x).
You will be able to achieve magnification ranging from 40x to 2000x with the microscope.
In our list this the best compound microscope in India. Generally, we find most microscope comes with only 1500X magnification which is a big limitation.
To improve the quality of the magnified images it comes with 3 colored filters.
It comes with ten prepared slides with the set.
This microscope provides perfect illumination as it uses 0NA 1.25 Abbe condenser and iris diaphragm. This helps you to control and concentrate light on your specimens. You can adjust the control brightness, contrast, depth of field, and evenness of illumination by adjusting the distance between the Abbe condenser and objective or by adjusting the condenser’s iris diaphragm, which controls the diameter of the light beam.
This is microscope is fully madde of metal making it sturdy and durable.
2. ESAW MM-02 Microscope – Best Microscope for Students – Best Student Microscope kit for India till the range of CBSE Class 12th Students (Compound Medical Microscope)
This microscope is recommended for Students in Elementary Stage, Class 6th to 12th.
The maximum magnification possible with the microscope is 1500X. It comes with magnifying glasses of 100X, 150X, 450X, 675X, 1000X and 1500X, in total 6 magnification.
The area shown of the specimen from the center of vision with the microscope is 60% flat area.
Apart from the magnifying glasses, it comes with 50 blank slides, by which students can prepare their own specimen. This microscope comes with coarse and fine motion knobs for ease of use.
One key advantage with the microscope is that you can use LED and Mirror Unit for light sources to view the specimens. LED light source comes with modern microscopes only, which is helpful even when working with it at night.
ESAW Microscope comes with two Wide Field Eye-Pieces of 10x and 15x, giving you greater and more crisp image.
With this you can see the nucleus of a cell, plant cell, animal cell, etc.
3. Review of the Best Digital Microscope in India – Celestron – TetraView LCD Digital Microscope
This microscope can be used for Biological, Pathological, Microbiological, HP, Seminal fluid study, and other routine Medical Lab Diagnosis.
The professional-level Celestron TetraView LCD Digital Microscope comes with a rotational touchscreen. This LCD microscope comes with excellent features at a very convenient price. Tetra View features 4 fully achromatic lens objectives, a fully mechanical stage, a 4.3″ TFT full color touch screen, 5 MP CMOS sensor, and a 2 GB SD card for storing your photos and videos.
Using this digital microscope you can take high-resolution images and videos of specimen slides easily.
The LCD screen rotates 180 degrees so that sharing of the view with others is easy.
The Tetra View LCD Digital Touch Screen Microscope features a rotating four position nosepiece of 4x, 10x, 20x, and 40x objective lenses.
It has a built-in, adjustable lower LED light source that can illuminate samples clearly.
You can connect the display yo TV or projector.
The magnification capability of the microscope is 40x to 400x (1600x with digital zoom).
TetraView is very good for viewing a range of cellular specimens on slides. If you are a professional or serious researcher this tool is a great asset.
4. Best International Microscope & Best 2000X Magnification Microscope – OMAX 40X-2500X LED Binocular Compound Lab Microscope
OMAX compound biological microscope comes with eight level magnifications from 40X to 2000X. The microscope has 5X, 10X, 40X, and 100X objectives.
It comes with a sliding binocular viewing head, two pairs of widefield eyepieces of WF10X and WF20X.
It features four achromatic objectives DIN 4X, 10X, 40X(S), 100X(S, Oil), large double layer mechanical stage with scale, Abbe NA1.25 condenser with iris diaphragm, coaxial coarse & fine focus knobs and variable intensity LED transmitted illumination system.
It features coaxial coarse & fine focus knobs on both sides that aids in adjusting the focus easily to achieve your desired result.
Also you get 100-piece blank glass slides & 100-piece cover slips and 100-sheet lens cleaning paper along with it.
It has variable LED intensity transmitted illumination.
The double layer mechanical stage of this microscope gives you full movement of your sample for scanning purposes, or centering purposes.
Instead of just the clips moving around on the stage, the entire stage moves in the X, Y, and Z dimensions so that, your slide won’t slip off in any way when you’re trying to locate your point of interest on your slide.
With this, it is going to be easy for you to observe the structure of fungi and protozoa, and even see the details of cell walls, membranes, organelles, as well as the nucleus in cells.
This microscope can be easily connected to a USB digital camera. Record your observations and save it in your laptop or computer as a picture or video clip.
This microscope is a fully featured compound microscope.
5. Best Stereo Microscope – AmScope 20x 40x 80x Home School Student Dissecting Binocular Stereo Microscope with Incident and Transmitted Dual Light Illumination System
Stereo microscopes that are used to view more substantial specimens such as insects, bugs, leaves, rocks, gems, etc. are different from compound microscope. We have selected this best stereo microscope, after analyzing the features. In India, it would be a bit difficult to find a good stereo microscope, but this one defeats all the other models.
AmScope binocular pillar-stand stereo microscope features three magnification powers of 20X, 40X & 80X.
This microscope comes with a versatile illumination system that gives both incident (top) lighting and transmitted (bottom) illumination. One is able to choose between incident illumination shining down onto the object or transmitted illumination through the frosted stage plate. The initial one is used for the observation of 3D objects and the second for the observation of slides.
AmScope microscope offers a high resolution and excellent depth within a wide field of view. This can give sharp clear stereo images.
The 45 degrees inclined binocular head helps to give an easy observation and the rubber eye-guards provide ease of use.
This stereo microscope system can be used in geology, forestry, archaeology, agriculture, and biology.
5. Best Microscope for Tissue Culture – MERIDIAN BMI-300FL Inverted Tissue Culture Microscope
When it comes to tissue culture microscope, you need something different and strong.
This tissue culture microscope features a viewing tune that is Seidentopf binocular viewing head, 45 degree inclined, Interpupillary distance 55 ~ 75mm, and the Dioptre correction is ±5.
It comes with WF High eye point of 10x/20.
For more details check MERIDIAN BMI-300FL Inverted Tissue Culture Microscope.
6. Review of Gemkolabwell G-S-701-00 Diecast White & Black Single Nose Single Lens Compound Baby Microscope – Best Microscope for Kids
This microscope is made for kids, not for students above 6th standard. The aim is to make your kid curious to the unlimited micro world from a very early age, so that the develop interest in science.
This simple microscope comes with 10X Eye Piece for viewing. The magnification power of the microscope is 1000X. It has a light reflecting mirror, for the source of light.
7. G Lab Compound Student Microscope
This is an ISO 9001:2015 certified compound microscope. It is ideal for students up to 12th grade.
This is a sturdy microscope made of iron. Two magnifications of 25X and 675X are possible with the microscope.
The product comes with 50 slides plus 2 prepared slides for students to start studying. It features two eyepiece lenses. It has 10X and 15 X Wide-Field Eyepieces
This microscope is great for students who love studying a microscope.
Microscope Buying Guide
When you are buying a microscope, for yourself or your dear ones, the foremost question to ask is the purpose of the microscope, for what age are you buying it for and the scientific ability or appetite of the person.
Microscope varies with purpose. You have microscope for industrial purpose, microscope for surgery, compound microscope for students, microscopes for lab purposes, etc.
The features required for all of these varies as per the industry or the purpose it intends to deliver.
This difference also reflects on the price of the microscope.
A fully featured microscope can cost you around Rs.40000 in India and a normal one can go as low as Rs.2000. So there is a vast price difference. The more the features, the costly it becomes. Price varies with the build-in quality and the country of manufacture. Top microscope brands come from Germany and Japan.
Saying this, still we can have a handful of variables with us when selecting the best microscope. Follow the details below before making a final choice.
Type of Microscope – Compound Microscope or Stereo Microscope
There are mainly two types of classification in microscopes – Compound and Stereo Micrscopes.
This is otherwise referred as High Power (Compound Microscope) or Low Power (Stereo Microscope).
Which type you need depends on the application purpose.
If your work involves viewing small specimens like blood samples, cells, water organosms, bacteria, etc. the choice should be a Compound Microscope.
These types of observation requires high magnifications to observe the details of the specimen.
Most of the compound miroscope comes with 3 to 5 objective lenses that range from 4x to 100x.
If we consider 10x eyepieces and 100x objective lenses, in total the magnification will become one thousand times.
Another factor you need to decide is how many eyepieces you require in the microscope – meaning do you need a monocular, binocular, or trinocular microscope.
There are four key variables that have to be thought for in the decision process:
- Magnification: Monocular microscopes work great with up to 1000X total magnification. When it comes to higher magnification levels, a binocular microscope is necessary.
- Comfort: We find binocular microscopes more ergonomic and easier to use than monocular.
- Price: Typically a monocular microscope is not that expensive type of microscope with trinocular will be the most expensive.
- Application: Generally monocular microscopes do not include a mechanical stage, which is useful for more sophisticated applications. But, most of the binocular microscopes do include a mechanical stage. A trinocular microscope is basically used when a third port is required for microphotography.
If your viewing objective is of bigger specimens like insects, leaves, gems, etc. you do not require high magnification. For you Stereo Microscope is the choice.Stereo microscope provides a 3 D image of the specimen.
Your magnification capability require could be ranging from 20x to 40x.
Build Quality of the Microscope
We can get plastic material build microscope to iron or steel made microscope. It is always suggested to check the material before you buy. Based on the build quality the price would range. But consider it as a life long investment.
Illumination of the Microscope
Microscopes comes with four types of illumination, to view the specimen – tungsten, fluorescent, halogen and LED.
Basic cheap microscopes uses Tungsten for illumination.
Fluorescent illumination is generally used in specialist, epi-fluorescent microscopes for biological research and similar works. But, fluorescent ring lights are also used as additional light sources in stereo microscopes
LED ring lights are the most used illuminating system in microscopes. Mostly it is used with rechargeable batteries. This also makes it portable.
Halogen illumination is found with high-end pedestal microscopes. Halogen is able to produce strong white light that can be adjusted, making it convenient.
Iris Diaphragm and Abbe Condenser
When buying a compound microscope you must ensure that the microscope comes with an iris diaphragm & a good quality condenser. Abbe condenser allows for good fine adjustments. These are used in adjusting the base illumination in a microscope.